Graceful Exit: Preparing Now For Your Eventual End
Time & Location
About the Event
Tues March 17, 31, April 7, 21, May 5, 19 7-9 pm
The goal of this group is to explore the practicalities of death preparation while also considering emotional and spiritual perspectives. You will have the opportunity to consider and prepare aspects of your Estate Plan, Powers of Attorney, Advance Care Plans, Funeral/ Memorial and Body Disposition Plans, and Legacy possibilities. Our end of life will more likely be in harmony with our wishes, and easier for ourselves and our families if we have done some preparation. Through conscious exploration and preparation for the end of life, we can influence both the quality of our life and the quality of our death. While exploring what makes our life meaningful and brings us joy, we will contemplate our mortality and prepare for our end. This group is applicable for any life stage, as once you have opened the door to these questions and have a plan, it is much easier to engage with the topic at a later date and modify your plan if your life circumstances change.
· explore our attitudes, beliefs, and values about death, and consider how they influence how we want to approach our end of life;
· consider the documentation needed to have our affairs in order, including Advance Care Plans, Wills and Death Plans, and explore the questions which will help us complete the documentation (ex. who should be our surrogate decision-maker, what we want them to know, how will we tell them, and if there is a choice, what we would like our death to look like);
· organize our personal affairs so that they are easily dealt with when we approach the end of life (several templates and options will be offered);
· reflect, organize and record our after-death wishes;
· consider what makes our life meaningful and how we want to be remembered;
· gather resources that will help us now and in the future;
We will use a variety of processes to achieve our goals. These will include the following:
· Group discussion and reflection
· Fillable templates and checklists
· Audio and videos clips
· Resource lists
· Private coaching
· Group feedback and support (as desired)
Note that there will be homework between sessions.
The group will be 6 sessions spread over 10 weeks. This schedule will allow us to build momentum but also give us time to complete the work. Each session will be two hours. There will be 15 to 20 minute individual phone coaching sessions available by appointment as needed to support your progress. As the group process is very important, the group will be closed to new people after it starts, and the expectation is that participants will aim to attend each session. Space is limited. Please register as soon as possible if you are interested. E-transfers can be sent to email@example.com or other arrangements can be made.
Cost: $150 (includes 12 hours of group sessions, individual coaching, and course workbook and planning templates)